If you are looking to edit an existing category, please see the following article - Editing Existing Categories (Admin).
To create a new category, click Admin > Templates > Categories > ‘Create Category’.
Then enter the following details:
- Select the Privacy level which will be applied to all records that make use of the category:
- Standard - Any records created using the category will follow the standard permission structure (the individual user permissions via the User List).
- Restricted - Any records created using the category will be restricted, only the individual users listed on the record will be able to see it (e.g. Observer/Owner and Observee(s)) as well as Sisra Admins and the creator of the record.
Note - 'Admins' within Observe can see all records and data, regardless of categories and permissions.
- Enter a clear name for your category
- Select the associated template type
Note - A category can be assigned to multiple templates of the same type, but it cannot be assigned to different template types, for example both observation and self-evaluation. You must create separate categories for each template type.
Next, assign the appropriate user groups using the tick boxes, which determines the access level of the users to the category. For example, if some staff shouldn’t be able to create Coaching records, then you should not link their user group to the Coaching category. This would mean that any templates which are only linked to the Coaching category would not be able to be used by staff within that user group.
|You may only see two default groups displayed (Admin and User), however you can create additional bespoke user groups (e.g. SLT) and return to assign them to the appropriate categories when you're ready.
When you have finished, click ‘Create’.
Your category will now appear in the Category List and should be set to ‘inactive’ by default, to prevent this from being used until you are ready. Click the green play icon in the Actions column to activate this.
When you have created your necessary categories, you may want to build the elements for your templates or edit your existing templates to link to these categories. You can find more on templates in our Building Templates section here.
Thanks for reading!