Once you know what types of templates you'd like to set up, you can reflect this in Sisra Observe.
To manage your template types, click Admin > Templates > Template Types.
You should then see a table containing the existing / default types. You can either either edit/repurpose an existing or default template type if not required, or activate an inactive template type, explained below.
Activate a New Template Type
To set up a new template type from scratch in one of the 'Inactive' slots, click the green arrow in the Actions column. Then:
- Enter a clear template name, which will be displayed throughout the service. Note - Template names will automatically plauralise, for example, you can enter 'Appraisal' rather than Appraisals.
- In the Record Label drop down, elect whether staff in associated records for this template type are referred to as an ‘Observer’ or ‘Owner’.
There is no difference in how these are treated and would only affect how the staff member is referred to. For example, 'Observer' could be used when carrying out an Observation on someone else, while 'Owner' could be used for an Appraisal.Then, click Activate.
Once you have activated your template, you can edit existing templates (explained below) or continue to the next step, which is to create associated categories -.
Editing Template Types
To edit existing templates (Admin > Templates > Templates Types), you can click the blue pencil icon under Actions, which will allow you to:
- Rename the template type, which will update the name throughout the service
- Enable or disable class context data from appearing for that template type
- Enable or disable filters in the reports for that template type
- Select whether staff in associated records for this template type are referred to as ‘Observer’ or ‘Owner’